Sunday 2 May 2010

No.16 Read 25 Best Selling Novels That I Haven't Read Before - Book One

So on with the challenges. The first one for me to commence is reading the 25 Best Selling Novels. Initially this challenge was going to read 25 books from the BBC Big Read Top 100 list. However, after reading through the list, I realised that I had already read most of them at least once. The whole purpose of this "40 things to do before I'm 40" list is to do things that I haven't done before, and for this challenge was to broaden my literary knowledge. So, to this end, I decided to adjust challenge #16 to be "Read 25 Best Selling Novels That I Haven't Read Before".

Without further ado, the first book I am going to read is the Man Booker prize winning 'Life of Pi' by Yann Martel



I'll be back soon to let you what I think of it!

Bye for now!

10 comments:

  1. Well, do let me know because I haven't read it either, although I heard about it and it was very popular. I believe Yann Martel is the writer who decided to "educate" Stephen Harper about culture, and vowed to send him a new book everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zhu! I'll certainly let you know my thoughts on the book. It is a book I have wanted to read for ages and ages. I like this challenge, as it means I can sit down and relax for a while each week! Hurrah!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful book, so original and so thought provoking - you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good choice for your adventurous spirit. So glad I stumbled upon your blog via Blog catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Layla, thank you for popping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is pure brilliance, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Thank you for such kind words Douja, I really appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life of Pi is an amazing book! Read it a few years ago, maybe I will read it again. Cirque du Soleil is indescribable! We took our young son to it and we were totally mesmerized throughout the whole show. I have completed quite a few of your tasks I may well have to find some for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for coming to my blog. I hope you have enjoyed the read and hope you join me as I journey my way through the 40 challenges.

Please be welcome to leave a comment below: